The Edge youth club on the Disney Wonder for ages 11-14 is the perfect getaway for tweens to meet new friends, hang out, and get some much-needed time alone with kids your age! From a recent awesome experience, I can tell you about my top ten reasons to go here:
1. Heroes vs. Villains: This is one of the big group activities done every day in Edge. At the beginning of the cruise, you split into two teams, and the game is on! Throughout the cruise you participate in activities such as dodgeball, trivia, and singing contests. The team with the most activities won by the cruise’s end is the champion (our team won, 6-5!).
2. The other fun activities: From Gaga Ball to trivia, from riddles and games to singing competitions, there is no end to the entertainment at Edge. I must have stayed out till midnight every night playing these games. Which leads me to mention…
3. Late-night hours: Usually, Edge operates until 1AM, so you can stay up late during Heroes vs. Villains. A huge sacrifice on your counselors’ part! Just make sure to let your parents know what time you’ll be rolling in. And speaking of those parents…
4. Liberation (at least for a little while!): If you want a little independence on your cruise, this is probably the best spot to go and hang out with kids your age. No little brothers, sisters or parents allowed here! Just you, your counselors, and the other members of Edge. However, there is an open house at the beginning so your family can have a long (and jealous!) look around.
5. Meeting new pals: Edge provides a huge chance to meet and interact with new friends. Challenge them to a game of NHL 17, play a board game, or do crafts with them. One of the best ways to get to know people is through Heroes Vs. Villains, where you’ve got to discuss strategy with your teammates.
6. Video games: Doesn’t every teen need them? Edge features giant sceens equipped with all the latest games, my personal favorite of which was Mario Kart 8.
7. Proximity to Eye Scream: Be sure to ask your parents, and if they grant permission, Edge is right across from Eye Scream, an all-you-can eat ice cream palooza! I used to go out and grab a cone every so often. Chocolate, anyone?
8. Prizes: Not a big draw, but if you win certain games, you can win cool prizes, such as Edge sunglasses and Disney Cruise Line backpacks!
9. The secret hideout on Castaway Cay: On Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, there is a secret teen/tween hideout featuring volleyball, soccer, Ping-Pong tables and more in this extravagant extravaganza! Plus, your club goes together to the Pelican Plunge waterslide area, and In-Da-Shade Games, where you can play shuffleboard, pool, basketball, and more.
10. Finally, a shout out to the cool counselors: These guys are what keeps Edge alive. Without them, there would be no Edge. They are extremely kid-friendly and nice. Hard to pick favorites, but mine was Mitch. We had a nickname for him, but that’s another story.
Location: Find the Edge youth club on all four Disney Cruise Line ships – Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy.