Given that our Mouse Holiday Family wilts at the thought of such crowds, we have never ventured even in the general direction of the Walt Disney World Resort too close to Easter. As we don’t have the luxury of visiting as often as we’d like (a major understatement), we tend to schedule our trips when attendance is low. This totally wouldn’t be the case if we were locals. We’d take the crowds in stride if we could experience these special Easter activities:
- Easter Bunny meet-and-greet near Town Square Theatre
- Special Easter pre-parade featuring Fantasia characters, a few famous Disney hares, and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Egg-stravaganza: 10 days of hunting for special Disney character eggs hidden around World Showcase. Purchase a special map and stickers ($4.95) to mark your finds; collect a prize when the map’s complete.
- Easter Sunday egg hunts and relay races for kids in the United Kingdom Pavilion, World Showcase.
- Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny meet-and-greet at the UK Pavilion, Easter Sunday.
- Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny meet-and-greet on Discovery Island, Easter Sunday.
- Many Disney resort hotels offer pre-made Easter baskets or supplies to stock your own.
- Many resort restaurants will serve special Easter menus or brunches.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Contemporary Resort get decked out with incredible – and fully edible! – Easter eggs on display.
- All resorts will have special Easter activities scheduled throughout the holiday. From character meet-and-greets and candy scrambles to crafts, games and egg hunts, there might be enough going on at the hotels to warrant a break from the theme park crowds!